Looking for Contributers

We are looking for people to contribute their information to the blog. Preferably, we would like people to write regularly, but if you have an article that you would like to share, please send a copy to kylaskyemmc@gmail.com

Blessings,
Skye

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Magical First Steps - Part Two

Learning about energy.

After you are familiar with meditation (you don't need to be a pro, but being comfortable with it helps) it's time to move onto energy work.

The first thing to do is to learn what it feels like, and the best way I've found to get acquainted with energy is this exercise:

Start off by gathering several different objects. Make some of these natural, some man made. A good list includes: a (live/potted) plant, a stick/leaf, pencil, mirror, jewelry, candle. Anything you have laying around, really. Make it versicle. Start with 3 or 4 and move up as you feel comfortable.

Meditate to clear you mind. Get in a good state of mind, make sure that you're relaxed. Don't do this when you are very wound up or tired.

Pick up one of your object and hold it in both hands. (You can also hold it in your dominant or writing hand. Close your eyes and get a good feel of the object. Run your fingers over it. Pay attention to the way it feels aside from just the texture or temperature.

This is the hard part to explain. Do the same as you did in the last part of the exercise only without touching the object. Leave two inches or so of space between you and whatever it is you are using. Feel for any energy that it is giving off.

After a while of practicing this, try guessing what object it is that you're feeling. Having somebody arrange them in a random order or putting them in paper bags and mixing them up can help with this step. Don't be upset if you don't get them right at first. It takes practice.

If any of you try this or have any questions let me know. This is the hardest part to explain in my opinion.

Blessings,
Skye

4 comments:

  1. See, said I'd come over for a looksie! :)
    Pertaining to my question over on your personal blog - ah, I see. It's a wicked idea! I'm thinking it would be cool if you could get a few people working within different traditions/pagan paths to contribute to show the similarities and the differences in approach and beliefs? A great post would be an outline of the different pagan paths and they're beliefs and how they're different, so if you're starting out there's some info to find which direction you feel most comfortable with? I'd love to contribute but I don't think I've got any expertese to offer lol!
    Keep it up it's going to be a grand blog!
    Nellie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea, actually! Thanks. I'll start something on it. If you're interested in contributing I'll send an invite over your way to be an author.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to be involved... but I feel like such a baby myself! I've been Pagan for almost a decade, but most of the time it's been a fairly laid back approach lol - I'm not sure i have much in the way of 'craft'! ... I've started a journey to make a deeper connection with the land I live on, and while I wouldn't be much cop on instructing people on how they should do it i'd definitely be able to journal what i'm doing and what is/isn't working if you think that would be appropriate for this blog? I don't think I really have much else to offer heehee! If you think that might be the sort of thing you're looking for then yepyepyep send me an invitation :) If that's not quite what you're looking for I won't be offended :D
    Nellie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...actually thinking about that, I have got maybe one talent that comes naturally that I just thought of after reading this blog post again - I find it easy to 'see' energy, so that is at least one post I can write for you lol ;)

    ReplyDelete